As we watch the news on television or read articles on our phones or in the newspaper, it is truly saddening that a lot of crimes happen all around us every day. For this reason, people are getting more cautious than ever before and it is becoming fairly common for them to invest in modern and convenient home security systems.
Contrary to what some people may think, a security system does not have to be all that fancy and complex, and they don’t even have to be very expensive. Some may think that security systems are reserved for commercial buildings and mansions where the stakes are higher. For a simple residential home however, there are quite a few home security devices and systems sold that are inexpensive and will really work well.
In recent years, closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras have become quite common and can be placed not only in public places but also in your own home. They have become fairly affordable as well, so you can choose to have just one or multiple if you want to monitor several places. Using these security cameras, you can conveniently record and monitor what has happened and who came to your home. You can even connect them to wifi so that you can see what is happening at your home in real-time while you are away using your smart phone or computer.
There are a range of devices available that use the CCTV camera technology, and one place that it’s popping up more and more frequently is in video doorbells. These devices can also be monitored on your phone so that you can see who is coming to your doorstep and ringing the bell without ever having to open the door. Some of the more popular video doorbells are made by a company called ring, two of the favorites being the ring doorbell 2 and the ring doorbell pro. The two are a bit different, and there are reasons why you might choose the ring doorbell 2 vs pro, but ultimately it comes down to a matter of personal preference.
Of course the question remains, is it worth it to have a video doorbell? As said before, there are an awful lot of crimes happening these days. We should be more aware and careful wherever we are, even in our own homes. Having a traditional doorbell and a peephole is certainly nice, but it does still require you to go near the door and look to see who’s there. Also, if someone is at your home and ringing the bell while you are a way there is no way of knowing.
With a video doorbell on the other hand, there is no need for you to go near the door when someone unexpected rings the bell, which can certainly help you feel more safe and secure. Add to that, with most video doorbells you can talk to your visitors via an intercom, and you can even do this while you are away without ever revealing your absence. You can also use video doorbells to keep track of who is coming in and out of your home on a daily basis. Like a CCTV camera, it can also record and download the video if there was suspicious activity.
Getting back to the question at hand, is it worth it to have a video doorbell? My opinion is that it’s an investment that is worth the security and peace of mind that your home and family are safe. Beyond that, they are very convenient and come with several benefits. Life is short, but that does not mean we shouldn’t be careful. It also does not mean that we should have to worry all the time, and video doorbell can certainly help with that.
Although living a decluttered life is appealing, it’s also a challenge that many don’t know how or where to start! The simplicities that come when your home is neat and free from clutter is exciting and the good news is that decluttering isn’t reserved for only a select few with a special gift. With the right tips, it’s easy to declutter the home and live the quaint lifestyle that you crave.
One Day Away
The 365-day challenge allows you to declutter by giving away one item that you no longer want, need or use each day of the year. Choose any item that you want to part with and do with it whatever you want, as long as it leaves the home. If everyone participates in this easy challenge, it can really declutter the house very quickly.
Pick a Cause
When there is a charity that needs donations and the issue is close to your heart, it will encourage you to sort through those boxes, hit the garage with a vengeance, and sort out the things that you don’t need that just take up space in the house. whether you have a soft spot for homelessness, pet issues, child abuse, domestic violence, or something else, many local organizations that support these causes in the area can benefit from your donations.
The Five Minute Rule
This five minute real is simple. Take five minutes out of the day to declutter a small space in the home. Whether it is the mess drawer inthe kitchen, the cabinets in the bathroom, or the toy box in the kids room, you can do so much in a short time. Have a trash bag handy to toss items as you go.
Make it Fun
When the activity that you’re participating in is fun, it is so much easier to stick with it and, in the case of decluttering, really get things done around the house. Turn on the music and get pumped about regaining space that you’ve lost in the house due to clutter! Whatever makes you happy, do that when it is time to declutter. You’ll amaze yourself when so much gets done in such a short amount of time!
Let it Go
If the item hasn’t been worn or used in more than six months, it is useless to you and is doing nothing more than taking up space in the home. Re-evaluate the items that you own and decide if that is something that you really need. This tactic is widely used by professional organizers and their duties include removing the lesser used items in your home. When items aren’t regularly used, they may not be as worthy as you thought and tossing it or giving it away may be the best option.
The Bottom Line
Use the tips above to help declutter your home and regain the space that you’ve lost. Although it may be a challenge to declutter, the end results are amazing and well worth your efforts. Besides, when the tips above are put to use, decluttering feels much more exciting and less like a chore.
The living room is where you receive your visitors, and their first impression about your home begins in the living room. Therefore, it is important to know which colors should be used in your living room, and how it could affect how your visitors feel. According to experts, living rooms should have a calm atmosphere, and here are the colors that you can choose:
1. White – White stands for purity, and living rooms that are colored white would look bigger, and it has the tendency to provide an illusion that the area is huge. Most interior designers are choosing white as a color to be applied on the living room because it could also present cleanliness. Homes with a more modern style are also exhibiting a white-colored living room, accented with dark colored tables and shelves. White is also one of the easiest paint colors to find, and it is among the cheapest.
2. Blue – The color of the sea and sky also provides a calming atmosphere in the living room. According to interior designers, living rooms that are painted blue provides a strong feeling of tranquility. The effect can be magnified by installing features that involves water, like an aquarium or a mini waterfall. Home visitors would be happy to see an installation that displays water because it provides a strong sense of calm.
3. Green – This is another color that can be used to portray a sense of calmness inside the living room. Green is the color of the forests, and it provides a soothing feel to those who will be received inside the living room. Green also makes the living room feel livelier, and it accentuates the natural light coming from the sun, which effectively creates a room that uses minimal energy during the day.
4. Brown – Earthy colors, like brown, also contributes to a calming atmosphere inside the living room. People who install wooden floors and walls inside their living rooms tend to create a more natural looking space within their homes. Home visitors would also love this kind of setting inside the house because of the soothing feel provided by the color of the woods. One could also try sculpting the wooden accents within the living room into more traditional designs, making it look more exotic.
5. Combination of different colors could also create a calming atmosphere inside the living room. Try mixing light colors and dark colors, making them complement each other to highlight the style that you wanted to showcase. Another thing that you might consider would be painting the living room white, and then adding features like bricks, granite, marble, and other types of stones that would provide a feeling of calmness. Many people are also working with interior designers to find the best design for their living rooms, and some are trying to show their ideas to professionals, checking if they would agree to how it looks. The best results could be achieved if the homeowner and the professionals would work together, sharing concrete design ideas for the home.
A coffee table gives your living areas a practical place to set beverages, display knickknacks or showcase flowers from your garden. Many individuals are going back to tried and true rustic country furnishings. Top interior designers are also mixing different design styles in one space, so anyone can add a rustic coffee table to give the room a vintage vibe that is still relevant today. Purchasing genuine antique furniture can be quite expensive. It is so much cheaper to find a suitable table from your local flea market, yard sale or estate auction. These finds can be refinished for an aged look. Learn how to make a coffee table look rustic in no time.
Refinish a Table Using Easy Distressing Techniques
Rather that pay lots of cash for a genuine antique table, distress it instead with an easy paint wash technique. Sand the wood gently, paint it with a darker latex satin paint in a warm earthy shade. Rub some wax from a candle over areas that get handled, and paint a complementary lighter color of paint over top. Gently wipe down and distress lightly. Finish the table with clear paint or stain. For another easy vintage distress tip, mix some water and white paint to create a “wash,” then brush while distressing wood with swipes from a paper towel.
Make a Vintage Styled Rustic Coffee Table Using Authentic Materials
Creative individuals have handmade these tables for centuries using authentic materials like a sliced tree ring for the round table top. Attach it to a metal wash basin, wooden barrel, wood crate or storage platform. Some have crafted tables by using only 2 X 4’s to make a simple rectangular design with X’s at ends and glass for the top. It is relatively easy to fashion a farmhouse style coffee table from an old weathered door and appropriate table legs. Other material choices that make excellent tables include chicken coops, reclaimed wood slabs and natural or faux stones like quartz, marble or limestone top options. Wicker, bamboo and other natural woodsy materials not only look beautiful, they are good for the environment.
Simple Ways to Transform Your Ordinary Coffee Table By Adding Small Rustic Details
There are some other ways to quickly transform an ordinary styled coffee table into a more rustic appearance by adding small but important details. Fashion a wooden top that can be stained, left bare or painted to get an antiqued look. Use some vintage trays in wood, metal, glass or other natural materials. These can be changed or rotated depending on the seasons. Consider the items that are placed onto the coffee table as decorations. Add depth by varying the height of these objects, and group like items such as books, magazines or candle stands. Add a festive cloth, and consider easy-care plants for centerpieces. Try your hand with picture collages under glass for a truly homemade table top selection that conveys a welcoming and warm ambiance everyone will appreciate.
Individuals can get more inspiration by browsing home magazine decorating articles, window shopping furniture stores and looking up crafting sites that offer building patterns for gorgeous rustic coffee type tables. With a little thought and a touch of creativity, anyone can make their coffee table look rustic yet chic.