The living room is where you receive your visitors, and their first impression about your home begins in the living room. Therefore, it is important to know which colors should be used in your living room, and how it could affect how your visitors feel. According to experts, living rooms should have a calm atmosphere, and here are the colors that you can choose:
1. White – White stands for purity, and living rooms that are colored white would look bigger, and it has the tendency to provide an illusion that the area is huge. Most interior designers are choosing white as a color to be applied on the living room because it could also present cleanliness. Homes with a more modern style are also exhibiting a white-colored living room, accented with dark colored tables and shelves. White is also one of the easiest paint colors to find, and it is among the cheapest.
2. Blue – The color of the sea and sky also provides a calming atmosphere in the living room. According to interior designers, living rooms that are painted blue provides a strong feeling of tranquility. The effect can be magnified by installing features that involves water, like an aquarium or a mini waterfall. Home visitors would be happy to see an installation that displays water because it provides a strong sense of calm.
3. Green – This is another color that can be used to portray a sense of calmness inside the living room. Green is the color of the forests, and it provides a soothing feel to those who will be received inside the living room. Green also makes the living room feel livelier, and it accentuates the natural light coming from the sun, which effectively creates a room that uses minimal energy during the day.
4. Brown – Earthy colors, like brown, also contributes to a calming atmosphere inside the living room. People who install wooden floors and walls inside their living rooms tend to create a more natural looking space within their homes. Home visitors would also love this kind of setting inside the house because of the soothing feel provided by the color of the woods. One could also try sculpting the wooden accents within the living room into more traditional designs, making it look more exotic.
5. Combination of different colors could also create a calming atmosphere inside the living room. Try mixing light colors and dark colors, making them complement each other to highlight the style that you wanted to showcase. Another thing that you might consider would be painting the living room white, and then adding features like bricks, granite, marble, and other types of stones that would provide a feeling of calmness. Many people are also working with interior designers to find the best design for their living rooms, and some are trying to show their ideas to professionals, checking if they would agree to how it looks. The best results could be achieved if the homeowner and the professionals would work together, sharing concrete design ideas for the home.